University Partnership Recruitment Manager
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a highly driven sales function within an innovative new online learning service that Pearson has launched in the UK. The core responsibility for the role is to generate revenue through the sale of online degree programmes to students globally. This role will suit a highly motivated sales person with the ability to work collaboratively under pressure, build, nurture and close out a sales pipeline and manage and motivate a team to meet and exceed ambitious revenue targets.
Purpose of the Position
Responsible for ensuring the provision of an excellent consultative sales service to deliver student recruitment targets for a designated university partner. This will include working closely with the University Partnership Marketing Manager on progress against KPIs on a daily basis.
A key aspect of the role is the operational direction of a team of Enrolment Advisors, Enrolment Assistants and Applications Coordinators against pre-determined performance KPIs.
Core Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for hitting revenue targets across one or more university partnerships - through effective design and implementation of a sales strategy to convert leads generated by the Marketing Team into paid enrolments on the programme.
- The operational direction, sales coaching, development and motivation of up to 10 Enrolment Advisors. Utilizing the support of the Operational Quality Control Manager and the Training and Development Manager, this includes the monitoring of workflows, time management and CRM usage to maximise efficiency and drive sales.
- Owning responsibility for the creation and execution of the recruitment activity sections of each programme’s annual and quarterly Acquisition Activity Plan.
- In conjunction with the University Partnership Marketing Manager, taking responsibility for the daily tracking of performance against targets and the agile implementation of corrective action where slippage is detected.
- Ensuring service standards across the team are maintained at all time through the pro-active monitoring and re-deployment of resources.
- Working closely with the wider acquisition team to plan and implement multi-channel conversion campaigns including telephony, on-line engagement and written comms.
- Monitoring the application process including undertaking suitability interviews and carrying out admissions process where this is required by the university.
- Participating in new programme launch activities in collaboration with the programme launch function and the university partnership Marketing and Student Success Managers
- Work with the Head of Service and other Recruitment Managers to assess, review and improve the wider team’s approach to improve sales performance.
- Excellent IT skills including using Office Suite
- Basic data management and analytics skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent knowledge of sales process / sales methodologies
- Significant experience of B2C consultative selling, including providing personalised service across an extended sales process of many months.
- Demonstrable experience of performance managing sales staff in a consultative sales environment
- Experience of taking responsibility for the delivery of KPIs by subordinates
- Experience working with a range of client stakeholders including mid-level decision makers
- Experience of working in a matrix environment or with multiple internal stakeholders.
- Degree or equivalent professional qualifications
- Experience using SalesForce CRM
- Knowledge of the UK HE sector
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jul 3, 2018
Job Unposting: Jul 31, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1805786
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled