University Partnership Student Success Advisor
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Pearson UK has commercial partnerships with UK higher educational institutions to deliver online learning solutions, student acquisition and support services.
The Student Success Advisor is responsible for supporting students and ensuring student retention from the commencement in their online course through to graduation.
By monitoring students’ academic performance and understanding their individual needs and concerns, the Student Success Advisor develops a trusted relationship with both students and academics in their course.
This role works closely with the student recruitment team who encourage and support the student from the point of initial interest through to enrolment.
- Guide and support students in relation to educational issues such as registration, course selection, course materials, unit scheduling, study habits and planning
- Respond to students’ requests for assistance within 24 business hours
- Evaluate students’ abilities, interests and personality characteristics in order to provide regular counselling and support activities
- Meet or exceed student retention programme metrics each term
- Contact each new student to conduct a Learning Preparedness Assessment or similar process, including leading new student welcome/orientation calls
- Maintenance of accurate and complete student enrolment records as required by university governance and all laws, policies and administrative regulations
- Plan and conduct Webinar information sessions and group conferences to promote the adjustment of students to their new life experience of preparing to start college.
- Webinar attendance meets targeted expectations as well as feedback from Student Support survey.
- Help resolve students' academic and administrative problems by conferring with faculty, programme directors, campus counsellors and administrators.
- Feedback from students and relevant university personnel.
- Facilitate student requests for assistance such as contacting campus based facilitators or arranging for additional academic tutor training and referring students to the appropriate university services
- Student and university feedback
- Monitor newly admitted students’ progress on student orientation and activity in all aspects in course delivery.
- Student progress reports are maintained and accessible
Main Job Dimensions
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Contributing to Team Success
- Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Gaining Commitment
- Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one's own behaviour to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
- Managing Work (includes Time Management)
- Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Maintain accurate and complete student enrolment records ensuring systems are kept updated and correct functionality is used.
Qualifications and/or Experience
- Demonstrable experience in Student services/education liaison/student support/distance learners support/ working in an education sector.
- Ability to work flexibly and some weekend cover
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualifications
- Demonstrable previous customer resolution experience in a corporate or call centre environment
- Experience using a customer data management system and/or Virtual learning platforms and student record systems
Primary Location: GB-GB-Harlow
Work Locations: GB-Harlow-Kao Park Kao Park London Rd Harlow CM17 9NA
Job: Customer Service
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Experienced
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jan 25, 2018
Job Unposting: Feb 22, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1801245