User Experience Designer
This is a user experience and design role in the Pearson Global Product Organisation’s Experience Design Centre of Expertise.
As part of a globally distributed team of UX practitioners, you will create vibrant, compelling and efficacious user experiences that combine technology and content in ways that will engage and delight our learners and teachers, across multiple device form factors.
You’ll work closely with learners, teachers and stakeholders around the world to gather data and insight on the lives and educational challenges faced by our users.
You’ll utilise user flows, storyboards and interactive wireframes and prototypes to design optimal instructional and learning experiences within a consistent and logical Information Architecture.
Working within a UX team and methodology, you will work closely with Instructional Design and Product Development stakeholders, iterating your output in response to validation with and feedback from our users.
- Lead and participate in a wide range of user research to inform the design of optimal educational experiences
- Develop vibrant and engaging interactive designs which engage new, potential and existing users, by providing experiences which will delight our learners and teachers, driving user engagement
- Meeting the needs of Agile teams by developing interaction specifications, wireframes, workflow diagrams, interactive prototypes and high-fidelity design deliverables according to the requirements of Product Owners
- Liaising with market-facing and Technology stakeholders to utilise evaluation of your work and analytics from products and services, informing and iterating your work across our digital portfolio
- Working closely with Product and Technology counterparts, building design pattern libraries to establish consistency within and, where appropriate, commonality across digital experiences on a range of form factors, including desktop and mobile.
- Specifying and explaining user experiences to software development teams, to inform and oversee the implementation of your proposals
- Rationalise and articulate feedback arising from user testing, to explain and contextualise the implied design decisions for Product Owners, stakeholders and peers
- Multi-tasking across multiple projects and remaining calm under pressure
Product Owner, Product Manager, Instructional Designer, Developer, User Experience and Design Manager
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
- Flexible — understands user interaction in all contexts and formats
- Resourceful — delivers upon requirements quickly and intelligently
- Knowledgeable — strong technical understanding
- Qualification(s) or equivalent experience in HCI or a design discipline
- A minimum of three years experience of developing user interfaces and interaction designs, preferably within an Agile methodology
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of Axure or equivalent prototyping software, Sketch/Adobe CS and Zeplin
- Skilled in the creation of low, mid and high-fidelity paper and interactive prototypes, from sketches to the delivery of final high-fidelity UI assets
- Ability to create cross-platform / responsive user interfaces
- Knowledge of cross-platform browser compatibility
- Ability to rationalise complex data structures into simple UI paradigms
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with a range of local and international stakeholders
- Experience of digital educational content
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Job: Product Management
Organization: Global Product
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Mar 1, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1902795
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.