We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Global Corporate Affairs & Marketing (GCAM) communicates Pearson's unique position as the world's learning company, while building strong and enduring relationships with our key stakeholders across the global audiences around the world. We focus on helping to strengthen our reputation with policymakers, influencers, the general public, and our employees. We ensure that our brand, communication, digital, and marketing efforts are being driven with global consistency. Collectively, our work is anchored in building a strong global Pearson brand with social purpose at its heart.
We are looking for a highly experienced collaborative and creative expert to take on the role as User Experience Designeron all aspects of user experience, helping to build understanding and excitement around their ambitious strategy throughout Pearson. You will also partner closely with others, including Visual Designers, User Research Manager, Project Managers, Data and Analytics Manager and Content Strategists on anydigital channel activity.
Reporting to the Manager – Front-end platform development & UX, you will help shape the user experience overall for Pearson, and specifically forimproving the usability, usefulness, and desirability of our web sites and applications, and build the team’s global community and culture.
Collaboration, partnership and active stakeholder management is foundational to success in this role. Thriving in an evolving environment, working to drive innovation, and continuous improvement for efficiency and sustainable growth is key.
- Contribute too and follow the user experience design standards across the platform that will be used by all UX/interaction designers
- Define the user experience of our digital marketing and ecommerce sites by developing user interface wireframes, page flow/task flow designs, and navigation that engage and delight the end user
- Design and create mockups and user journeys for a wide range of viewpoints and devices
- Rapid design and testing methodology
- Work in close collaboration with Content, Design and Data & Analytics to validate your ideas / solutions
- Collaborate with user researchers to validate and test your ideas
- Work with visual designers, prototypers, product managers and engineers to deliver compelling designs to market that satisfy user goals and enhance learning and teaching
- Successfully present your designs to a cross-functional product team to elicit constructive feedback and actively participate in others’ design reviews
- Specifying and explaining user experiences to development teams, to inform and oversee the implementation of your proposals
- Rationalise and articulate feedback arising from user testing, to explain and contextualise the implied design decisions for product owners, stakeholders and peers
- Contribute to the corporate Design/UX standards and framework
- Work collaboratively and productively with numerous internal stakeholders
- Serve as a marketing expert and evangelist both internally and externally
- Own prototyping - approach; outputs
Key Attributes :
- Previous experience with SAP Hybris and AEM, ideally both academically and in successful ecommerce roll-out projects at enterprise level.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision
- Proven track record in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- Degree (or equivalent) preferred
- Communication- You have developed interpersonal skills and use these to influence outcomes with persuasiveness and candour. You appreciate the diversity of stakeholder interactions and adapt your style and approach accordingly.
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills– You will will have a track record of excellent internal and external stakeholder management at all levels.
- Analytical Skill and Learning Agility– You take a systematic, structured view of situations,while staying focused on the big picture. You have the capacity to be open to new ideas and comfortable exploring areas where there are no right answers.
- Global Perspective– You are able to demonstrate international cultural agility.
- Deliver Results– You have a track record of achievement, translating complex strategies into actionable plans.
- TimeManagement -Excellent organizational and time management skills, coupled with the proven ability to set priorities, manage deadlines, and make data-driven decisions.
- Judgment and problem-solving skills– You demonstrate sound judgement in assessing business risks and make decisions that balance a variety of factors and considerations whilst always maintaining the integrity of the core values and business strategy.
- Organised- ability to manage resources effectively.
- Brave- Resilient – operating under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accountable- Integrity & Delivers what is promised;
- Decent– represents Pearson’s values and believes in the company mission, is a trusted confidant to colleagues and external sources
- Imaginative– finds insights to tell Pearson’s story and tells compelling stories simply.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Organization: Global Corporate Affairs & Marketing
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jun 1, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1806757
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.