At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.
Pearson’s Global Digital Channels and Experience team is looking for a UX Designer who will be charged with designing a best in class user experience for our flagship global ecommerce store. You will use your strong problem-solving and interaction design skills to improve the usability, usefulness, and desirability of Pearson.com. We need a UX Designer with experience in putting the customer first, backing decisions with research and an ability to think strategically, obsess about the details and implement with speed.
Collaboration, partnership and active stakeholder management is foundational to success in this role. Thriving in an evolving environment, working to drive innovation, and continuous improvement for efficiency and sustainable growth is key.
- In partnership with VP of UX & Design,define the end-user experienceof our digital marketing and ecommerce sites (Pearson.com, PearsonPTE.com etc.)
- Translate experiences into journeysby developing user interface wireframes, page flow/task flow designs, and navigation that engage and delight the end user (e.g. learner, educator, practitioner etc.)
- Work in close collaborationwith visual designers, content strategist, SEO lead, product managers and engineers to validate your ideas / solutions
- Specifying and explaining user experiences to development teams, to inform and oversee the implementation of your proposals
- Participate in business acceptance testing with a special eye on end-user experience
- Contribute to the corporate Design/UX standards and framework
Must Have Attributes :
- Demonstrate proficiency in user-centered design(UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
- Ability to work with clientsto understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet user’s needs and vision
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
- Proven track record in using UX design best practicesto design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- Ideas driven- You have the capacity to be open to new ideas and comfortable exploring areas where there are no right answers.
- Required:Experience in standard UX softwaresuch as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, and Framer.
- Required:Working with Agile working methodologies.
- Required:eCommerce solution experience
- Required:Enterprise CMS experience
- Required:Portfolio of work
Nice to Have Attributes :
- Familiarity withHybris.
- Familiarity withAEM.
- Communication- You have developed interpersonal skills and use these to influence outcomes with persuasiveness and candour. You appreciate the diversity of stakeholder interactions and adapt your style and approach accordingly.
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills– You will bring with you a network of relationships, and a track record of excellent internal stakeholder management at all levels, seen as a trusted advisor to team leadership.
- Global Perspective and Learning Agility– You take a systematic, structured view of situations, while staying focused on the big picture.You have significant experience operating in a global environment and are able to demonstrate cultural agility.
- Deliver Results– You have a track record of achievement, accountability and translating complex strategies into actionable plans.
- Time Management -Excellent organizational skills, coupled with the proven ability to set priorities, manage deadlines, and make data-driven decisions.
- Judgement and problem-solving skills– You demonstrate sound judgement in assessing business risks and make decisions that balance a variety of factors whilst always maintaining the integrity of the core values and business strategy.
Primary Location: GB-Greater London
Organization: Global Corporate Affairs & Marketing
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jan 11, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1816621
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.