A New vacancy for a Verification and Validation Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Newport. Reporting into the Team Manager you will be responsible for executing allocated V&V Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints. This role has been created due to an expansion of the business and an increase in Verification effort. You will be employed in a multi-disciplined project team, working closely with Software and Hardware teams in an open office environment.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for designing and implementing test cases to demonstrate suitability of complex products and/or systems for the market place.
This position can offer you:
- Challenging tasks in a company with some of the most innovative cyber security technology and services
- Integration into an international network of cyber security experts across and outside of Europe
- Participation in Europe-wide projects as prime supplier
- Exciting development opportunities and perspectives within Airbus as a global player
- An attractive company pension scheme
- Airbus Group success share scheme
- An extensive range of additional benefits, such as car options, travel insurance for the whole family, child care vouchers, etc.
- Flexible working hours
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
The V&V Engineer is responsible for specifying, performing and documenting V&V tests for allocated elements of the product
development test strategy, by
- Implementing elements of the overall test solution
- performing in-house and/or external testing for allocated area of responsibility
- adequately documenting the tests and test results for allocated area of responsibility
- Verification and Validation specifications, procedures, schedules and reports are produced, demonstrating appropriate testcoverage.
- Verification and Validation tests are performed to Airbus Defence & Space standards. Accurate and complete records are maintained of all test results, and of all defects observed
- Appropriate tools and techniques are used to integrate, qualify, verify, validate and accept equipment to Airbus Defence & Space standards and to customer specifications.
- Where required, Special to Type Test Equipment (hardware and/or software) is developed in accordance with Airbus Defence & Space standards.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience (including proficiency):
- Must have experience of formal Verification & Validation of complex electronic equipment and/or supporting software applications
- Familiar with test and integration methods for software and hardware product development
- Able to carry out V&V tasks of up to three months duration with only limited supervision
Must be skilled in product Verification & Validation for three or more of the following:
- Cryptographic Key Management and Distribution Systems
- Cryptographic Devices
- Secure Communications Systems
- Secure Communications Network Devices
Experience and working knowledge of some or all of the following:
- TCP/IP network configuration and test
- Integration/test of database systems (e.g. Oracle/SQL)
- Test script/software development (Windows and Unix environments)
- Black box software testing
- EMC, Safety, Environmental, TEMPEST qualification testing
- ISTQB Software Test qualified to at least Foundation Certificate standard
- CCNA standard experience and working knowledge of network configuration and operation
Must have existing UK SC security clearance, or be capable of attaining UK SC clearance
This role is based at Airbus Defence and Space offices, Newport, South Wales, with occasional requirements for business travel within the UK and abroad. Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking. We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you