Vocational Quality Advisor
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it allpossible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are alwaysre-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an educationcommunity across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other
to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushingthe boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds oflearning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
About the role
Your job will be to support our new and existing BTEC and vocational 'Quality Nominees' (QNs) in centres andtheir portfolios. You will work within the Vocational Quality Advisor team that provides second-line support toCustomer Service, Sales and Business teams to help customers through the onboarding process andthroughout the delivery of the qualification. The team is a strong selling point since key or strugglingcustomers will get an enhanced level of support. The team is home-based with a requirement to regularlytravel to team meetings and meetings with customers, where and when required.
- Provide a best-in-class outbound information service to current Quality Nominees and to assist in reducing churn/switching and improving product performance.
- Build close, rich relationships with our customers and Quality Nominees and a reputation for superiorcustomer service to reinforce switching costs.
- Act as the public face and a focus of expertise for our customers.
- Facilitate and manage a series of regular Quality Nominee network events
This role will be home based with an average of 30% travel required.
The Vocational Quality Advisor has accountability for both external and internal customer service
The advisor should:
- Support and onboard our new customers, to include call-outs, welcome emails and a link into subject expertise and wider support
- Support customers with queries regarding the quality model, quality assurance processes and deliveryof BTEC qualifications
- Bridge/support customers through any changes to the quality and delivery models on BTECqualifications through the lifecycle of the qualification
- Build resources to support customers with BTEC admin (onboarding, quality assurance, rules, processes)
- Implement the regional Quality Nominee network event strategy
- Run face to face and webex training events to support Quality Nominees on BTEC processes
- Be a point of contact for our Quality Nominees
- Establish and manage online communities for QNs
- Pro-actively feedback information to our customers
- Seek contact with customers in centres and at events (such as launch and training events, localnetwork events, conferences and examiner meetings)
- Build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Utilise and monitor Social Media to include Facebook and Twitter to ensure customers are informed and supported
- Update and advise the business on key themes and issues – becoming the “voice of the Quality Nominee customer”
- Contribute to root-cause analysis of important issues around customer enquiries
- Analyse trends in customer contacts and recommending and implementing pro-active solutions for providing information to customers
- Building and maintaining customer confidence
- Ability to plan and execute activity but be adaptable to external changes and challenges
- Delivering a rapid and measurable improvement in the communications to our customers
- Working across the business with all those involved in delivering customer service (both internal Pearson teams and our assessment associates – examiners, moderators and verifiers)
- Supporting a cultural shift regarding employee prioritisation of customer needs against standard operational or financial targets
Skills and behaviours required:
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills – represent the voice of the customer
- Be able to lead in a changing environment
- Work with a good degree of autonomy
- A willingness to work flexibly and to offer support across the team
- Have a Degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Have a deep understanding of the needs of our customers delivering our skills qualifications
- Experience of issue resolution management - A proven troubleshooter, with the ability to deal effectively on any given problem, identifying possible solutions
- Have good IT skills - Word, Excel, Email (Outlook), Powerpoint
- Have a good understanding of BTEC assessment models
- Have an understanding of the product development cycle and key departmental interdependencies
- Have a teaching qualification
- Experience as Quality Nominee or Centre Quality Reviewer
- Experience of using social media
- Experience of working in a customer facing role
- Experience of delivering vocational qualifications
If you feel that this is the job for you, please send us a copy of your CV and a cover letter.
Primary Location: United Kingdom
Job: Customer Service
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Apr 5, 2018
Job Unposting: Apr 29, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1804861
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.