Job DescriptionVocational Skills Instructor - HorticultureFull time 37.5 hours per weekNorthamptonSalary from £17,276 dependent upon experience
Workbridge is a collection of small enterprises which are open to the public, but also provide a vocational experience pathway for our Patients, enabling them to recognise and achieve their full potential. We encourage independence, respect, teamwork and trust, building skills, knowledge & self-esteem in a supportive environment.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our established Horticulture Department.
Duties will include;
- Delivery of a vocational experience as a part of our work skills pathway.
- Contributing to the support of Patients to engage in meaningful activity to meet their goals and the recording of their daily progress.
- Involvement in regular Patient reviews in co-ordination with the St Andrew’s Healthcare Occupational Therapy teams, local commissioners and carers.
- Working alongside our Patients growing stock in our plant nursery for sale in our garden centre.
- Supporting Patients to develop horticulture and retail skills in our plant nursery and garden centre.
- Building and maintaining relationships with our customers to exceed their expectations in terms of quality standards and deadlines.
- Working in the garden centre looking after stock and serving customers.
We are looking for an energetic, motivated and self-driven individual to join the team. You will be able to work using your own initiative alongside Patients and staff as part of a close knit team providing a therapeutic and safe environment where everyone is able to maximise their opportunities offered during their time at Workbridge. Rewards
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Sickness policy on par with the NHS
- 35 days annual leave, increasing to 41 after 10 years' service
- Life cover
- Car lease scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Healthcare cash plan
- Free parking
- Paid DBS application
- Access to free vocational qualifications
A full driving licence is desirable. An interest in horticulture or gardening is essential, as is the ability to work weekends on a rolling rota basis. Closing date: Sunday 11 November 2018