VP Content Services Centre
To accelerate Pearson's digital transformation, Pearson is creating a new Content Services Centre - "The CSC" in order to:
- Simplify our content services vendor landscape & engagement model
- Help us become more efficient and effective in our content investment
- Improve our speed to market
- Improve the quality of our products
- Enable our editorial and product portfolio teams to focus more on product innovation
The CSC will deliver content services for all teams in Pearson globally that need to create and develop high quality learning content for print and digital products, all from a new, dedicated hub in India.
Reporting to the SVP Global Business and Technology Services in Technology and Operations, the VP Content Services Centre is accountable for delivery of content services to all internal customers within Pearson across eight Service Lines that will be delivered from the Content Services Centre:
- Creative Services
- Editorial Services
- Digital and Interactive Content Services
- Production services
- Quality Services
- Project Management Services
- Rights and Permissions Services
- Content Management Services
In its target state, by 2022, the CSC is anticipated to reach a population of c. 2500 to 3000 vendor resources, accounting for $120M spend, and having delivered c.$95M of cumulative benefits.
Accountabilities will be as follows:
- Successfully complete mobilisation and setup of the content services centre in year 1
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key business stakeholders across the organisation, championing adoption of the CSC and leading business change.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with strategic partners to maximise the value Pearson derives from them, while holding them to account for their contractual commitments.
- Ensure alignment of the CSC with relevant strategic initiatives across Pearson including GLP, CITE and Content Platforms
- Ensure continual development of Content Services Centre capabilities to meet business needs as Pearson’s digital transformation drives further changes in our content mix
- Deliver the cost saving benefits signed off in the Content Services Centre Business Case and Project Oak.
- Create and drive a programme of metrics-led continuous improvement
- Drive successful delivery of content services across all eight services lines, maximising efficiency, quality and speed to market, ensuring delivery business outcomes for the CSC’s internal customers.
Key skills and person profile
- Excellent relationship building skills, demonstrated in a global organisation
- Experience managing large scale strategic vendor relationships TCV c.$300M
- Customer focused with a services background
- Comfortable operating in a matrix environment
- Experience scaling and operating a large scale offshore centre or centres
- Understanding of the end to end content supply chain
- Data driven, focused on metrics and KPIs
- Customer focused
- Track record of delivering material continuous improvements to business processes
- Able to oversee multiple in flight projects and manage a group of c.3000-6000 people
- Hands on, pro-active delivery leader
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Hoboken
Other Locations GB-GB-London
Work Locations: US-NJ-Hoboken-221 River 221 River Street Hoboken 07030
Job: General Business Operations
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Oct 24, 2017
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1717113