VP Global Business Services, Manila
Pearson’s Global Business Services Centre (GBSC) in Manila is an important pillar of our new Global Business Services strategy and Enabling Functions transformation. The centre is preparing to launch a period of rapid and substantial expansion as a strategic hub for HR and Finance services delivery for partners across Pearson.
The GBSC will drive efficiency and effectiveness benefits for Pearson across core business processes.
The Global Business Services Manila Lead (VP) will have overall responsibility for the operational effectiveness of the GBSC facility in Manila including:
- Successfully completing mobilisation and setup of the Manila GBSC services centre in year 1.
- Building effective working relationships with Pearson stakeholders globally.
- Manage the successful completion of work transitions, in line with agreed transition completion criteria.
- Work with stakeholders to define and manage to service levels and outcomes.
- Managing and optimising the cost base.
- Ensuring efficient supply of skills and expertise, onboarding, utilisation training and development of resources.
- Efficiently and effectively managing and scheduling assets, including infrastructure, environments and devices, space and facilities.
- Create and drive a programme of metrics-led continuous process improvement driving innovation
- Creation and development of a Pearson culture in the GBSC through effective leadership and behaviours, ensuring that performance and morale is high in order to retain and develop staff within the centre.
- Ensuring compliance with Person standards and processes, including security and privacy.
- Delivering effective communications to and engagement of staff within the centre.
- Ensuring that the quality of output from the centre meets customer expectations and is in line or preferably exceeds agreed Service Levels
- Operating as a team player across GBS, collaborating to drive excellence across all functions within GBS
- Prior experience in mobilising and running a finance shared service centre
- Experience working in large, globally distributed organisations delivering core business processes across Finance (as a minimum) and HR or other business process domains.
- Experience of building and managing operations of a large service delivery facility providing support to multiple countries on a 24 hour basis
- Successful track record building and developing high performing teams
- Understanding of automation tools and methodologies and how to integrate them into an operational solution
- Experience building and managing direct and indirect budgets
- Experience managing standards and process compliance
- Experience managing space and asset utilisation
- Please note - this will be a local contract (not expat)\
- Essential skills and competencies
- Able to apply industry best practices in context
- Background in Finance shared services and/or other business process domain.
- Financially literate
- Relationship building
- Stakeholder management
- Process Compliance
- Process improvement
- Collaboration with personal responsibility
- Able to inspire and motivate large teams
- Excellent communications with both technical and business audiences
- Formal education to degree level or equivalent.
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Primary Location: PH-PH-Manila
Job: General Business Operations
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jul 11, 2018
Job Unposting: Aug 3, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1809174
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled