Workplace Portfolio Manager
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Workplace Portfolio Manager provides leadership, strategic management and expertise across the portfolio to implement programs, organizational strategies, standards, and guidelines.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating multiple complex workstreams to ensure defined scope, performance, schedule, cost objectives and customer requirements are met.
- Creating and managing project plans for strategic activities, and implement tactical program improvements to meet objectives when required.
- Supporting and managing 3rd party engagement and program/project managers as necessary to ensure adherence to PDLC best practices, to plan workloads and resources to achieve defined objectives.
- Establishing and implementing a communication plan. This includes regular status reporting; coordinating and leading regular reviews with key contributors and stakeholders to ensure reporting is both current and accurate while facilitating communication across functional areas.
- Coordinating with other leaders and subject matter experts to leverage resources and identify solutions to risks and issues. Facilitates conflict resolution. Investigates and resolves matters of significance, as appropriate.
- Managing approved budget(s) for approved programs and operational activity (e.g. travel, headcount). Monitoring spending for adherence to budget plans and recommend variances. Oversee budget analysis in conjunction with the designated finance lead.
- Represent Global Workplace Services in demand and pipeline gateways and help to ensure service owners are engaged and informed.
- 5 or more years experience managing complex programs.
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated decision making and problem solving - through the collection and analysis of available, relevant, and reliable information, knowing who to ask for opinions and input, and acting upon the analysis in a timely and effective manner.
- Strong leadership skills, including developing and maintaining constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, seeks out contrary perspectives and is approachable.
- Able to work both on a team (as member and/or leader) and independently to deliver results.
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced, dynamic (and sometimes ambiguous) environment.
- Open minded and flexible in navigating road blocks and creating innovative solutions.
- Ability to build credibility with leaders and drive initiatives across the organization.
- Must possess a consultative approach; easily develop rapport and trust with multiple individuals and personality types.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be a direct, articulate and thoughtful communicator.
- Strong extemporaneous communication skills – being able to handle rapid changes or difficult questions in conversation.
- Behaves ethically and with integrity, supports Pearson’s core values and beliefs.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple complex projects with inter-related asset and timing dependencies.
- Perform effectively in environments with frequent workload changes and competing demands; adjusts priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
- Advanced financial management skills and decision making (P&L’s, program and project budgets and expense management)
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Hoboken
Work Locations: US-NJ-Hoboken-221 River 221 River Street Hoboken 07030
Job: Project/Programme Management
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 19, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1719910