WHO WE ARE
For over a decade, Trafalgar House have been dedicated to providing expert third-party pensions administration services. Our commitment to investing in the right people, processes, and systems has enabled us to achieve our vision of setting the highest standards of service and member care.
To provide reliable and high-quality support to improve the retirement outcomes and financial decision-making of pension scheme members.
To set the highest standard of pensions administration services by any recognised measure.
Is to provide a service that has our clients and members at its core, delivered by great people using the best technology.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of this role is to:
- Gather and document requirements associated with the delivery of projects, systems developments and client implementations
- Assist delivery of projects to successful outcomes
- Work closely with project manager, pensions analysts and system developers in order to deliver requirements
- Proactively consider and anticipate customer requirements
- Ensure system processes and data are of a high standard
- Improve efficiency and quality of service via input to procedures and processe
- Analyse data effectively and accurately to ensure data integrity
- Complete data analysis and update work in line with analysis and requirements, ensuring any potential risk is flagged
- Provide clear and concise reporting of data analysis as required for checking and issue to clients
- Provide expertise on the processes and systems around data, particularly in relation to data reporting, pension administration and calculations
- Where new or changes to existing processes are required, or updates to data are required, provide input to develop specifications
- Liaise with busines solutions/scheme experts/technical team/payroll and scheme services teams to ensure integrity of data and that process and data standards are adhered to
- Provide input to project scoping to ensure estimated effort and costs are as accurate as possible
- Complete client project work in line with proposal documents to expected target dates and to meet revenue requirements, ensuring any potential risk is flagged
- Provide clear and concise reporting of project work as required for checking and issue to clients
- Provide expertise on the processes and systems around which a project is focused, particularly in relation to pension administration
- Liaise with busines solutions/scheme experts/technical team/payroll and scheme services teams to deliver successful project outcomes and handover
- Provide input to project scoping and tender responses
- Complete implementation work in line with plans to target dates and to meet requirements, ensuring any potential risk is flagged
- Analyse data and raise data queries promptly to ensure correct transfer of data items
- Provide clear and concise reporting of work as required for checking and issue to clients
- Provide expertise on the processes and systems around implementation, particularly in relation to data migration, calculation set up, image load and payroll reconciliation
- Liaise with busines solutions/scheme experts/technical team/payroll and scheme services teams to deliver successful handover of data and calculations
- Business policies and processes: Ensure business policies and processes (including team processes) are followed to complete work accurately and in line with requirements, reducing the risk of write-off and errors and omissions
- Data and Information security: Ensure ISO 27001 processes are followed and that you are compliant with and aware of the relevant risk and controls that are in place for both IS027001 and the Information Security Management system
- Communication: Ensure appropriate communication is undertaken with team members, other areas of the business, end users and the project manager throughout
- Facilitating Change: Support the introduction and adoption of new procedures through documentation and communication. Support the introduction of change within business areas.
- Business Improvement: Suggest ideas to improve efficiency and quality of service and provide input and support to business development opportunities, both within the immediate team and wider business
- A-Level or equivalent
- GCSE English and mathematics (A-C)
- Strong technical Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Prior experience in pension administration
- Highly computer literate and experienced in pension administration systems
- Strong MS Office skills, especially Excel, Word (including mail merge)
Desirable (but not essential)
- PMI Qualified
- Business analysis qualification
- Data analysis experience
- Experience of Defined Contribution and complex pension administration
- Prior experience of pensions scheme implementation projects
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Should be able to communicate and build relationships with management, staff and clients across the business
- Ability to think analytically and should be a problem solver
- Have high attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have a flexible attitude and be able to comfortably accommodate change
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to the work
- Ability to work well within a team
- Prefer a small-business, fast paced working environment
- Desire to stay updated on current and new developments in the pensions industry and pensions legislation
- Desire to learn new skills
- Ability to multitask and strong time management and organisational skills
MORE ABOUT US
People are at the core of what we do at Trafalgar House! We want the best and the brightest in the industry to feel valued, supported, and encouraged to achieve their goals with us. As an Investors in Customers Gold and Investors in Wellness Silver accredited business, we at Trafalgar House set very high professional standards.
Staff at Trafalgar House have access to dozens of employee benefits. Whether it's access to financial planning, support from private medical insurance, or flexibility around holiday allowance, we have you covered! As standard, employees have 25 days of annual leave (plus bank holidays) and we reward our staff commitment with long-service awards (starting at just 2 years!). We also have a great social culture and host company-wide parties twice a year!
We have offices in London and Farnborough and operate a flexible working policy that recognises the nuances of life in 2024.
We are always looking at ways we can build on what we do and, in 2023, we were proud to join the Stonewall Diversity Champions Programme and achieve Carbon Neutral status with @ThePlanetMark.
If you would like to hear more about this role or the work that we do, please get in touch. A member of our team would be happy to tell you why we love working for Trafalgar House!